The answer of which programming language is the best one purely depends on the purpose of the system. Each of these technologies has own Advantages and Limitations. .NET, Java, and PHP are used as server side language in web development.
Microsoft developed most powerful framework asp.net which is used web development built on top of Microsoft’s .net framework. Asp.net is easier going than Java or PHP because asp.net is not a language like Java and PHP, but it’s a framework, which makes web development a lot easier. Additionally, it is supported by .net platform for web development like C#, VB.Net, Python, etc. Microsoft provides online support, online solution and tutorials on the internet. The main strength of ASP.NET Site is the security.
- It reduces the time and codes to build large applications.
- Applications are safe and secured.
- .NET is purely server-side technology, so code executes on the server before being sent to the browser.
- It is language independent.
- NET makes for easy deployment. There is no need to register components because the configuration information is built-in.
Java is an open source and OOP is the default. In a case of Java, it is mostly used in huge projects and better investment as it’s development cost is higher. Java is a better option when it comes to reliability. Java is a famous language for being more robust. In Java, we have many types of technology like Core Java, advanced java, JSP and more where you can use JSP for the web applications. Java is compiled and statically typed. It is a programming language influenced by the C language. The syntax is similar to C and C++. Nevertheless, it has fewer low-level facilities. Java can develop web page but Applets, Enterprise stuff, mobile phone software, the desktop application with and without GUI, 3d games, Google Web Toolkit, etc. are its main attractions.
Benefits of Java
- Java is easy to learn, write, compile, debug than other languages.
- Java is Object oriented so we can create modular programs and reusable code.
- Java is platform independent at the source and binary levels so programs can be easily moved from system to system.
- Java compiler detect possible errors earlier so problem solving is easier.
- We can run several tasks simultaneously within a program because it supports multithreading.
Benefits of PHP
- PHP is fairly easy because even only with the knowledge of HTML & CSS we can start learning it.
- While learning PHP, various problems might arise, but the solution can be found easily since PHP is open source and there is numerous online help like the blog, forums, social media, etc.
- The level of freedom is higher since we can use any text editor and there are very low restrictions.
- There is no license, royalty fee, etc. involved with PHP since it is completely free.