If the wish to climb a big mountain isn’t exactly your thing, being at their base camps should definitely be in the list. They give you a piece of what actually is out there, way above. Plus the beauty will stick in your minds for the rest of your life. Here are 7 such foundations of the world’s highest peaks.
1. Annapurna I, Nepal, 8091 meters, rank 10th
2. K2, China – Pakistan, 8611 meters, rank 2nd
3. Cho Oyu, Tibet – Nepal, 8201 meters, rank 6th
4. Aconcagua, Argentina, 6961 meters, highest outside Asia
5. Kangchenjunga, Nepal, 8586 meters, rank 3rd
6. Makalu, Nepal, 8485 meters, rank 5th
7. Mount Everest, Nepal, 8848 meters, rank 1st