There are many things in the world we don’t know about. Here are some of the interesting facts with the list of world’s number one places around the world based on things that you have all wondered about. If these places are not on your travel bucket list, you may want to update right away !
1. The World’s wealthiest city:
Tokyo, Japan: This tower that is made of gold and tops the charts with a GDP of $1,520 billion (only beating New York by a mere $310 billion).
2. The World’s poorest city:
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo with GDP of $68 billion.
3. Sunniest Place on Earth:
Yuma, Arizona which sun shines for an average of 11 hours a day and its forecast is the sun for 90 percent of the year, averaging a total of 4015 daylight hours a year.
4. The world’s oldest city:
Damascus, Syria which civilization that extends back over 11,000 years.
5. Youngest country in the world:
South Sudan which formally recognized as an independent country in 2011.
6. The wettest spot on Earth:
Mawsynram, India which rains an average of 467.35 inches per year, and with a record of 1000 inches in 1985.
7. The driest spot on Earth:
Atacama desert, South America which sees an average of 4 inches of rain every thousand years.
8. Highest point in the world:
Mount Everest towering 29,029 feet (8,848 Meters) in the air.
9. Lowest point in the world:
Challenger Deep, the Pacific Ocean with 35,797 ft (10910.9 Meters) below sea level at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
10. Most expensive city to live in:
Singapore where cars can cost between 4-6 times in Singapore what they cost in the US or the UK (for example, a Toyota Prius actually costs about $150,000.00 there).
11. Least expensive city to live in:
Mumbai, India which a loaf of bread would only cost $0.91 in Mumbai.
12. The world’s hottest place:
Death Valley National Park, California- with 134 degrees Fahrenheit last July 10, 1913.
13. The world’s coldest place:
East Antarctic Plateau, Central Antarctica with 135.8 degrees Fahrenheit recorded in August, 2010.
14. Country with the longest life expectancy in the world:
Monaco tops the charts for longest living citizens, with an average life expectancy of 87.2 years.
15. Country with the shortest life expectancy:
Sierra Leone citizens live to an average of 47 years. The men of Sierra Leone live to an average of 47 years old, whereas women live an average of 48 years.
16. The world’s most popular country:
Germany came out on top as the most positively viewed country in the world (at a 59% positivity rating).
17. The world’s least popular country:
Iran at a 59% negativity rating with only 15% of people polled viewed in a positive light.
18. The world’s most dangerous city:
San Pedro Sula, Honduras with over 3 murders a day. The violence stems from the city’s role as a major hub for illegal drug and arms trafficking.
19. Most stressed-out country in the world:
Nigeria which rate of homicide, GDP per capita, income inequality, corruption, and unemployment is heightened.
20. Least stressed-out country in the world:
via – thechive.com