How to Send Secured and Encrypted Emails? Services and Software
You would be sending a lot of emails everyday to convey your messages to others. But please mind the security of your email contents and attachments. Anybody in the way can read and edit your unencrypted and plain-text emails. It becomes utmost important to send secure emails when your emails carry sensitive business and financial data. If any of your important and sensitive messages get intercepted and read by other people, it could bring a lot of damage to you. So sending secured and encrypted email message is very important for your organization now a days.
So, I will advise you to use some email encryption services and software which are very easy and convenient to send and receive encrypted email. These encryption email software help you to keep your information private and data protected.
There are a lot of email encryption software and services available in market which use various encryption algorithms to encrypt your emails and send them securely over the internet. I would like to mention some key points to keep in mind before choosing any email encryption software from the market.
How to choose best email encryption software? Features of Email Encryption Software.
1. Email Encryption Software should use advanced techniques like OpenPGP and S/MIME message formats to securely encrypt your email message.
2. Email Encryption Software should provide email encryption services for all major email clients like Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Lotus Notes, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Gmail, Juno Mail, Lycos Mail, Eudora Webmail, Brinkster WebMail etc.
3. Email Encryption Software should automatically encrypt and decrypt your email message without human intervention or command.
4. Email Encryption Software should achieve compliance with corporate and government regulations.
5. Your recipients should be able to view your messages with no software required on their side.
6. Process of encrypting email messages should not be lengthy, difficult, and cumbersome. Your email encryption software should be highly configurable, powerful, easy to use and should have user-friendly interface.
7. Your email encryption software should also protect your computer from viruses and worms that spread via email.
8. Your email encryption software should supports Text, RTF and HTML e-mails.
9. Your email encryption software should encrypt both email content and attachments.
10. No ads should be displayed in your emails by your email encryption software.
Some Email Encryption Software I would like to recommend
1. Comodo SecureEmail
2. Symantec PGP Desktop Email
Some Freeware Email Encryption Software
1. iSafeguard Freeware 6.2
3. Safe Express Home 5.5
5. Gold Lock Desktop