Spiritual healing means differently to different people. In general terms, spiritual healing is a practice to heal a person without any medication. This practice of soul searching or healing by the spirit is common among many diverse cultures. Spiritual healing is possible in the presence of a spiritual healer. Recently, medical professionals and individuals have begun to concern themselves with healing that includes the spirit. Healing is both a Process and a Natural State. Spiritual healing is moving toward wellness and feeling better.
There are two methods of spiritual healing:
- Spiritual practice: when a person does spiritual practice, he grows the ability to protect himself from the harmful elements.
- Spiritual Remedies: in this case either the person affected or another person does some act to provide instant relief to the affected person. The impact of the act is temporary.
Many approaches may involve energy work. Examples include:
- Healing Touch (HT)
- Therapeutic Touch (TT)
Spiritual wellness is a domain. Each choice we make determines whether we are moving towards or against wellness. Spiritual wellness is exploring you and leading a balanced life.
Wellness is nurturing you and moving towards the divine source, the energy source. The choices that we make impact the wellness at extreme levels, it can either make us healthy or sick. So in order to lead a healthy life we need to maintain balance and flow through the energy systems- the chakras. Spiritual wellness includes acts like meditation, spiritual counseling, aura healing etc.
The seven chakras are the source of energy and information. The seven chakras are located in-line with the spine.
- Root chakra/sacral chakra: relating to survival as a spirit in the body, located at the base of the spine.
- Spleen chakra: relating to sexuality and emotional being, located below the navel.
- Solar plexus chakra: relating to empowerment and energy distribution, located below the ribs.
- Heart chakra: relating to love, validation, and peace, located in the center of the chest area.
- Throat chakra: relating to communication and self-expression, located at the base of neck and throat.
- Third eye chakra: relating to clear-seeing, located at the center of the head.
- Crown chakra: relating to knowing-ness, located at the top of the head.