The harsh winter weather and the cold make us miss summer a tad more than we expect. While the winter might appeal to some think of hitting the warm beaches the moment holiday season begins and what better place than Land of beaches- GOA.
On this Article
In the 3rd century, BC Goa fell into the hands of Mauryan empire, later by Satvahanas of Kolhapur, the Chalukyas of Badami and eventually in 1312, for the first time was taken over by the Muslims. After convincing the Muslim rulers to leave, Goan harbors became an important landing place for the ships carrying Arabian horses for the Vijayanagar cavalry.
In 1510 Portuguese arrived there with the aim of controlling the spice route from the east.In the late 18th century, the Marathas almost defeated the Portuguese in Goa. However, in 1961 the Indian army marched into Goa and the Portuguese occupation finally came to its end on the subcontinent. Goan residents didn’t want to be the part of its neighboring state Maharashtra so in 1969 Goa was officially declared as the 25th state of India.
Currency used during Portuguese Rule
The Gem of Beaches
Panaji is the state’s capital, while Vasco da Gama is its largest city. Since the 1960s, Goa has been attracting a steady flow of visitors, first the hippies and returning expatriate Goans, then the charter tourists (starting with the Germans in 1987). Here are the most amazing beaches of Goa
Widely claimed to be the best beach of India is the Agonda beach.Situated in South Goa, this beach resonates with all type of tourists be it swimmers, best keptsunbathers, and the spiritual meditation seekers.
- fewer crowds
- a lot cleaner
- dolphin spotting
- the precious and rare Olive Ridley Turtles
- water sports activities
It is one of the best beaches in Goa and is located in north Goa. Peaceful and tranquil to help you recover from the city blues.
- favorite spot for honeymooners
- amazing sunset views
- quaint beach huts for tourists
This beach is popular for its trance parties and hippie lifestyle thanks to the shacks and atmosphere.
- Shiva Valley that was known for its psychedelic music and hippie parties
This is the livelier beach provides the young crowd with array of water activities, amazing nightlife and equally delicious sea-food.
- mouth watering food National
- Wind Surfing Championship held every year between September and November
- shoppers Paradise
- Classes on how to make a guitar
Situated 13 km at north of Panaji, its very close to Calangute beach, yet a lot less crowded. With less accomodation facility th beach has a laid-back vibe to it.
- There are dunes situated right at the back of Candolim tourists flock to see this
- River Princess , a ship. It is said that this ship has been at the shores of Candolim from 2000.
Located just 18 km from Margao one of the best hidden beaches of Goa known for scenic white sand beaches in Goa.
Cabo De Rama
Located 28 km from Margao, Cabo De Rama is quite secluded despite being known to offbeat travelers.
- greenish blue waters
- palm trees across shoreline
7 km from Panaji, this beach reflects the rural life of Goa and the fishermen.
- beautiful variety of shells
- quiet long stretch of sand
5 km from Panaji along the mouth of the Mandovi river thisbeautiful beach has a lot to offer.
- ideal spot for swimmers due to the weak undercurrent
- great scenic route-Miramar-Dona Paula coastal road for drives
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!