You may have noticed that drinking warm lemon water has become a trend, however, you’re not getting all the nutrients the lemon has to offer when drinking only warm lemon water. Drink entire fruit, skin and all, it has more vitamins and nutrients than the juice itself.
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fibre. If you boil the whole lemon without squeezing only the juice, you’ll get all the nutrients the lemon has to offer inside that warm liquid mixture. This is great for hydration, boosts the immune system, fills you with positive energy.
Benefits of Drinking liquid mixture of boiled lemon and water
- Boosts your immune system.
- Protects you from colds.
- It gives you an incredible boost of energy.
- Aids in digestion and regulates your metabolism.
- Cleanses you from various toxins.
- Balances the pH Levels of your organism.
- Clears your skin to look beautiful.
- Freshens your breath.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Boosts your mood and happiness, prevents depression.
- Hydrates your lymph system.
- Promotes healing.
- 6 Lemons;
- 20 Oz. Of Water;
How to prepare
- Slice up 6 Lemons in half and add them to a 20 oz. of water in a pot;
- Bring the water to a boil and let it boil for 3 minutes;
- Leave the pot to cool down for 10 – 15 minutes;
- Remove the lemons and the pulp from the water;
- Sip the hot lemon water in a teacup;
- Add the rest of the warm lemon water in a glass bottle for later use;
NOTE: You can add honey to the tea cup for better taste. If you’ve boiled the water once, you won’t need to boil it again. You can drink it as an ice tea. The nutrients are all there still.
Source – healthyfoodhouse