This world has several facts that are so fantastic that they seem unbelievable. Simply because they are just not normal. Let us have a look at 10 such out of ordinary things from the back in the history or even the recent past.
1. Approximately 1% of the descendants of Northern Europeans have been found to be immune to HIV as they carry two copies of a particular genetic mutation. The virus will remain in the body of these lucky people but its chance of developing AIDS drops significantly. As this mutation also occurs in other parts of Europe albeit at lower frequency than in Northern Europe, it suggests that the Vikings who plundered across Europe might be the origin.
2. Lorenzo – a Colombian drug cartel member. He was charged with being a “look out”. The parrot is one of nearly 1,700 parrots trained to call out “Run, run, you’re getting caught” or “Look out the cat is coming” (in Spanish), whenever they see police approaching. When Lorenzo was arrested, the police officers were also able to capture his owners together with more than 200 weapons and an enormous amount of drugs and another two trained parrots.
3. There are MORE golf courses (public and private) in the United States than there are McDonald’s restaurants in the United States. Yes, that’s correct. There are roughly 13,000 McDonald’s in the US but there are approximately 15,500 golf courses in the US.
4. There exists a parasite (Cymothoa exigua) that destroys the tongue of a fish and then replaces the tongue for the rest of its lifespan, essentially transforming into a living, parasitic, but fully functioning and otherwise harmless tongue.
5. In 1979 a woman named Elvita Adams jumped from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building, only to be blown back onto the 85th floor.
6. Mithilesh Kumar Srivastava, better known as Natwarlal (1912-2009), was a noted Indian con man known for having repeatedly “sold” the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, and the Rashtrapati Bhavan and also the Parliament House of India along with its 545 sitting member.
7. You get a permanent tattoo on getting struck by a lightning. If you survive it though.
8. How Good Quality Staples Led to US Spies Getting Caught In Russia. During the Cold War, US sent many spies to Russia. Some of them were obviously through the diplomatic channel, who were working on day jobs in the US embassy. But there were other agents whom US air-dropped into Russian territory. The spies used to speak perfect Russian, just like the natives. They had all Russian clothes and equipments. They also had the latest US spy gadgets. However, time after time, they were unmasked by the KGB. The secret lied in their passports. Though the Americans made perfectly good Soviet passports, the staples they used were good quality American staples, that didn’t rust. Genuine Russian passports had staples made of metal that began to rust as soon as the passports were issued. Sometimes if things are too perfect, the outcome can be bad
9. Football player ends civil war. Yes, you read it right. Didier Drogba, a Chelsea forward, who used to play for Galatasaray and is the team captain and star striker for the Ivory Coast national football team, ended Ivory Coast’s civil war. For five years (2002-2007) in the Ivory Coast, the northern region was held by the rebels and the southern was held by the government loyals. Drogba pleaded the warring factions to have a cease-fire. Surprisingly, they heard him and a cease-fire was enacted.
10. A tiger’s legs are so powerful, they can remain standing even when dead! Tigers when shot, sometimes bleed out and die while standing still. Save Tigers.
If you like this, you can stumblethru our website for more interesting post