Simplicity brings balance, freedom, and joy in a person’s life. Our lives can get hectic because of lots of things we want to do. Simplifying our lives can help us combat such feelings. Here in this post, we have listed some important self-improvement tips to simplify your life which can help you start living a more balanced, joyful lifestyle.
” Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature.” — Thomas à Kempis
1. Operationalize your values. Prioritize your life according to what you think is most important and virtuous, rather than any expectations of society, family or friends that compete with your values. Then have the people who are closest to you remind you of this when you begin to drift.
2. Learn to let go. As an emotional reflex, learn how to let go of grief, stress, rage, jealousy, greed, spite, and all other antagonistic, counterproductive emotions, and replace them with compassion.
3. Avoid consuming conspicuously. Instead, buy stuff that lasts, that really improves your quality of life, and that helps you fulfill your purpose on this planet
4. Schedule your priorities rather than prioritizing your schedule.
5. Practice unwavering integrity. Let your actions align with your words, your words align with your thoughts and feelings, and your thoughts and feelings align with your beliefs. Take responsibility when this doesn’t happen, embrace the consequences, have compassion for yourself, and try harder next time.
6. Go offline one or two days a week. The world won’t end if you do. You’ll chill out, get some perspective and come back to the grid in better shape.
7. Divide up your tasks into must-dos and want-dos, and eliminate everything else.
8. Practice unwavering integrity. Let your actions align with your words, your words align with your thoughts and feelings, and your thoughts and feelings align with your beliefs. Take responsibility when this doesn’t happen, embrace the consequences, have compassion for yourself, and try harder next time.
9. Reduce clutter, both physical and mental. With unnecessary things piling up in our homes, offices, and minds, simplicity becomes impossible.
10. Remember that a simple life isn’t easy.
Simplicity on your own terms requires constant discipline. You have to say no often, and you may make others angry or sad when you demur.
11. Don’t say maybe when you want to say no
12. Your body is no different. It’s made for regular movement and it thrives on healthy foods.
h/t – quora