In most tropical countries, guava leaves are used for traditional medicines since it contains a number of useful substances, which includes antioxidants (like Vitamin C) and flavonoids (like quercetin). Mostly, guava leaves are soaked in hot water to serve it as a tea. This has several health benefits like treating diarrhea, lowering cholesterol and preventing diabetes.
Guava Leaves For Hair Loss
To treat hair loss, you need to take guava leave and boil it in about a liter of water for 20 minutes. Then, let the mixture cool down to the room temperature. Wash your hair with normal water first, and then use the guava leaves mixture like tonic and apply it on the scalp and hair roots.
This is going to help you strengthen those hair roots and follicles, and soon, you can expect your hair to grow.
Other Health Benefits Guava Leaves
- Can treat bad LDL cholesterol.
- Helps in treatment of bronchitis and coughs.
- You crush guava leaves and use it as an ointment to relieve itching caused by allergies. This can also be used in case of insect bites.
- Helps to reduce weight as guava leaf tea can stop carbohydrates turning into sugar.
- It can also treat enlarged prostate and cancer.
- For those with fertility problems, especially men, it is recommended to drink guava leaves tea.
- Since it is high in Vitamin C, it helps to heal acne and pimples too.
- Traditional medicine uses guava leaves to prevent infection by using crushed guava leaves as an ointment on scrapes or abrasion.
- It is also useful to treat an outer ear infection. For that, you need to make guava leaves tea, let it cool down to room temperature, and apply the mixture to the affected areas.
- It is beneficial for people with diabetes as it reduces sugar level and prevents stimulation of insulin secretion.
- You can use guava leaves to relieve a toothache, inflamed gums, and sores in an oral cavity.
- To remove blackheads naturally, crush the leaves and stir in a bit of water. Use it to scrub the face.
- The same method can be used to prevent premature skin aging.